U.S. Waterproofing wins the Better Business Bureau 2006 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics
U.S. Waterproofing was recognized on November 30, 2006 as one of four recipients of the Chicago and Northern Illinois Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. Evaluated by an independent panel of judges from the local business and academic community, recipients of this award must adhere to the highest of ethical standards across all facets of their business including:
- High ethical standards of behavior toward customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees, and communities in which business is done
- Demonstrated ethical practices surrounding buyer/seller relationships
- History/reputation of ethical practices in the marketplace
- Marketing, advertising, communications, and sales practices which reflect a true representation of what is being offered in the marketplace
- Acknowledgment of ethical marketplace practices by industry peers and in the communities where business is done
- Management practices and policies that give long-term value to shareholders, customers, employees, vendors, and surrounding communities
- Training programs that assist employees in carrying out established ethics policies
“We couldn’t be more pleased to receive this award,” said Jerry Stock, president of U.S. Waterproofing. Ethics is not something you occasionally preach to employees or use loosely in a mission statement. It is something that should be a part of a company’s everyday business practice, something that should guide you in all your decisions.”
It’s no surprise that U.S. Waterproofing was honored with the Torch Award. Every aspect of its business—from sales through service—is grounded in three ethical business philosophies:
- Treat customers fairly and with respect
- Charge a fair price for our services
- Stand behind our work
To consistently deliver upon its philosophies, U.S. Waterproofing has extensive training programs designed to instill its practices of ethics and quality in all employees. These programs help the company’s 80+ employees deliver industry leading customer service and the highest quality basement waterproofing services available in the market.
“Our employees are the most valuable asset that U.S. Waterproofing has, and we couldn’t have won this award without them,” said Stock. “They are the ones who actually make the dozens of ethical decisions that occur each day. As a team, we will continually strive to carry the torch with both pride and dignity.