U.S. Waterproofing Celebrates 60 Years of Fixing Leaky Basements Across Chicago
Family-owned Company Reaches Remarkable Business Feat
(Chicago). Generations of Chicago homeowners continue to trust their basement slumber parties, rowing machines, laundry, foosball tables, and drum sets to U.S.Waterproofing’s care and expertise.
In spring 2017, the Rolling Meadows-based basement waterproofing company celebrates 60 years of service.
U.S. Waterproofing was founded in a small Chicago garage by military veteran Albert Weiner. He named the business after the country he proudly served. Soon his family joined him. The business is still locally‑, family-owned today.
“In pop culture, basements get a bad rap, says Matthew Stock, Weiner’s grand-nephew and current president and CEO of U.S. Waterproofing. “But, in real-life, basements are where some of the best family memories happen. I remember hanging out with my friends and cousins, playing ping pong and pool, watching Super Bowls in my own. From the very beginning, U.S. Waterproofing has dedicated itself to helping Chicagoans keep their below-grade living spaces safe and dry, preventing and mitigating water damage.”
Stock adds, “We are honored that in 60 years, our company has grown from one employee to more than 150. I learned from my dad, Jerry, who led our firm for decades, we treat them well, like family. We are fortunate that our team is incredibly loyal. Many have worked up the ranks like I did, such as our only non-family co-owner Barry Schilling. Today, more than a dozen employees have been with U.S. Waterproofing for over two decades. With this team’s commitment, we’ve fixed more than 300,000 basements across the region over the last 60 years.” Today, more than a dozen employees have been with U.S. Waterproofing for over two decades. We learned a long time ago that if we take good care of our employees, they will take great care of our customers.”
Among many honors, U.S. Waterproofing is a proud recipient of the Better Business Bureau’s esteemed Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics along with the accreditation firm’s A+ rating. U.S. Waterproofing is also a decade-long Angie’s List Super Service Award company.
Rooted in traditional ideals, the company also has embraced new philosophies and technology over the years. “We learned that providing people with online DIY tools and resources was an important way for us to serve our customers and our community,” says Stock. The company’s online Learning Center boasts hundreds of how-to-waterproof lessons. And, further embracing technology, customers now can make online appointments 24/7. In response to customer demand, U.S. Waterproofing added concrete raising and job preparation services that complement waterproofing services. Today, it is one of the largest home improvement companies in the Chicago area.
“We’ve enjoyed tremendous growth in these six decades,” says Stock. “But most important to us is that we still are family-owned and operated. We continue to serve our customers with practical and reasonably-priced solutions.
U.S. Waterproofing News
- Apr 19, 2017: U.S. Waterproofing Celebrates 60 Years of Fixing Leaky Basements Across Chicago
- Feb 26, 2017: Long-time crew foreman retires
- Feb 11, 2017: U.S.Waterproofing wins the Better Business Bureau 2016 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics Honorable Mention
- Feb 18, 2016: Free Resource Center for Homeowners with Winter Damage Concerns
- Feb 15, 2016: Inaccurate El Niño Predictions Cause Concern for Chicago Homeowners (Press Release)
- May 11, 2015: U.S. Waterproofing Named a “Best Pick” for Basement Waterproofing in Chicago
- Jan 13, 2015: Albert Weiner, founder of U.S. Waterproofing, dies at 90
- Feb 20, 2014: U.S. Waterproofing Featured on WGN News on How Homeowners Can Prepare for a Winter Thaw
- Jul 17, 2012: U.S. Waterproofing Featured on WGN News Explaining Effects of Drought on Chicagoland Homeowners
- May 17, 2012: U.S. Waterproofing Named One of Chicago’s Best Basement Waterproofing Companies
- Dec 23, 2011: U.S. Waterproofing announces the retirement of Diane Shachter
- Sep 03, 2009: U.S. Waterproofing Receives A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Mar 25, 2008: Structural Foundation Repair Offered
- Dec 06, 2007: New Headquarters
- Sep 11, 2007: 50th Anniversary
- Jan 24, 2007: 100 Year Rainstorm
- Dec 11, 2006: Better Business Bureau 2006 Torch Award
- Mar 10, 2005: Jerry S. Stock recognized as one of 30 top area entrepreneurs