Barry Schilling, sump pump expert, has used this series of videos to educate homeowners and consumers by providing an overview of sump pumps and the important role they play in basement waterproofing. This overview has included:
- How to choose between the pedestal style of pump and the newer submersible style
- Pump capacity and how consumers should always read the small print
- Why one type of sump pump switch is more reliable than others
- How cast iron sump pumps have the advantage over those made of other materials
- The importance of the filtration system to a sump pump’s performance
- Why the Zoeller 98 is the recommended choice of primary sump pumps for most homeowners
- Why the StormPro SHW50 will keep basements dry even during the heaviest rains
- Why the Boss 2100 is the perfect battery backup pump to complement any primary sump pump to ensure a dry basement during power outages
- Why the Boss 3000 is the best choice to provide dual-power backup, stepping in not only during power outages but also in the event of failure of the primary pump.
- Why the Boss 3000 Deluxe is the ultimate sump pump, combining primary and backup pumps in a dual-power system that is designed to outlast the competition
- How matching the size of sump basins and discharge pipes to the output of a sump pump ensures the most efficient operation of the entire system
Barry concludes this overview of sump pumps and sump pump systems with a discussion aimed at helping consumers understand what sump pump manufacturers’ claims and warranties really mean. As he points out, the initial quality of the sump pump is more important than the warranty because the warranty will only cover replacing the pump when it fails, not cleaning up and repairing the resulting flooded basement. He urges consumers to make sure that the pump they are buying will really protect their basement from water seepage.
Understanding Claims and Warranties on Sump Pumps
At U.S. Waterproofing, we‘ve installed tens of thousands of sump pumps (along with thousands of battery back-up pumps) since our founding in 1957. If we can help you with your sump pump, or any other basement seepage problem, please ask for our advice. It’s free.