Sump pump expert Barry Schilling covered all the basics of the primary sump pump in a recent series of videos, educating homeowners and consumers about the design, construction and performance of this important safeguard against basement water seepage. That series covered:
- How to choose a sump pump between the pedestal style and the more common submersible style
- Pumping capacity and how consumers should always read the small print
- Why one type of sump pump switch is more reliable than others
- How cast iron sump pumps have the advantage over those made of other materials
- The importance of the filtration system to a sump pump’s performance
- Why the Zoeller 98 is the recommended choice of primary sump pumps for most homeowners.
In a follow-up video, Barry explained how the StormPro SHW50 will keep basements dry even during the heaviest rains.
In this video, Barry kicks off a three-part discussion of backup sump pumps, beginning with the simplest solution – a high quality battery backup pump that works in tandem with a homeowner’s plug-in primary pump. He recommends the best battery-only backup system and explains how it should be matched with the primary sump pump.
The Best Battery Backup Sump Pump: the BOSS 2100
At U.S. Waterproofing, we‘ve installed tens of thousands of sump pumps (along with thousands of battery back-up pumps) since our founding in 1957. If we can help you with your sump pump, or any other basement seepage problem, just ask for our free advice.